Solar Power is the cleanest and most abundant renewable energy source available.
Solar power is energy from the sun that is converted into thermal or electrical energy. There are several ways to harness solar energy: photovoltaic, solar heating & cooling, concentrating solar power and passive solar.
The first three are active solar systems, which use mechanical or electrical devices that convert the sun’s heat or light to another form of usable energy. Passive solar buildings are designed and oriented to collect, store, and distribute the heat energy from sunlight to maintain the comfort of the occupants without the use of moving parts or electronics.
Solar Energy Farms have been around since the 80’s. The cost for producing electricity from solar panels has been reduced dramatically as manufacturers improve on the technology. The industry is working on scaling up the production while driving the manufacturing costs down.
SRS Energy Solutions has been designing and implementing Solar Power Solutions for over 30 years. With Projects in 3 continents we have the knowledge and expertize to develop optimum solutions. We work with the largest and most reputable Solar Power Manufacturers.
We supply Components and complete systems, residential and commercial.
How does Solar power work?
Solar, or photovoltaic, cells convert sunlight directly into electricity. Most photovoltaic cells are made primarily of silicon, the material used in computer semiconductor chips, and arranged on rectangular panels. When sunlight hits a cell, the energy knocks electrons free of their atoms, allowing them to flow through the material. The resulting DC (direct current) electricity is then sent to a power inverter for conversion to AC (alternating current), which is the form in which electric power is delivered to homes and businesses.
Where is Solar Energy Used
Solar power plants are being built throughout the world. Homeowners, farms and businesses across the world are installing solar panels to reduce their electric bills. Many farms and businesses, with their open acreage and/or large buildings, can install enough solar to pay their entire electric bill, or at least reduce costly summer electricity rates.
Solar energy has been used for many years to power up exterior lights, charge laptops, etc.
Advantages of Solar Energy
- Sunlight is free and infinitely renewable.
- Unlike conventional fossil fuel and nuclear power, solar power produces no polluting emissions, including those that cause global warming.
- With no moving parts, solar panels are silent, easy to operate, and rarely need maintenance.
- Solar power can slash utility bills for both residential and commercial consumers.
- Solar panels can help utilities avoid brownouts and blackouts. When demand for electricity is high, utilities can use the panels to generate extra energy rather than fire up expensive and polluting “peak” power plants that otherwise lie dormant.